If you know me, you know that I am a total introvert. I thrive on my alone time and enjoy causal nights in with my puppy, Autumn. Mental health is something that has become more popular and openly talked about. And from first hand experience, I can say it is critical in order to really get to know yourself. I can tell you that the two years I dedicated to myself, were some of the most influential and pivotal years of my life.
For some, spending time alone can be awkward and intimidating. However, if you're feeling like you're in a rut or don't really know what the next step you want to take in life is, take some time for yourself. Step away from social media, find something that makes you happy and girl, go do it! Here are some of my top favorites to help get you inspired.
- Take yourself out to lunch/dinner (my favorite place to do this is at Nordstrom Cafe)
- Get in your cozies, pop some popcorn, and have a movie marathon
- Take your dog for a walk
- Go shopping (you'll really get to know your style when you do this alone)
- Go grocery shopping at your favorite store (and treat yo' self girl)
- Clean out your closet (nothing more refreshing)
- Go to a coffee shop
- Have a pamper day
- Do a DIY project
- Get a mani/pedi
- Go for a hike and watch the sunrise/sunset
- Make a gratitude journal (and keep up with it)
- Drive and blast some tunes
- Try a new recipe for dinner
- Bake yourself a treat
- Sit in a bookstore and read
- Relax by the pool
- Sit by a fireplace and enjoy a cup of hot cocoa
- Walk around a farmers market
- Clean your house
Comment down below, what do you like to do alone?
Photos: Jenna Wilkes Photography