With Valentine's Day around the corner, I thought I would share 10 things I love. Some are fashion and beauty related and some are more personal, but they all make my heart so happy. Hope you enjoy getting to know a little more about me.
- When you put on an outfit and feel like you can rule the world. I love how fashion can make you feel. Edgy. Feminine. Classy. I love that it is a visual way to express yourself every day. A girl in the right outfit can change the world.
- Watching the growth your students make over the course of the year. As a teacher, this is what matters most to me; Not that I taught them how to tell time, or how to become a better reader. I know that I have done my job when they are always wanting to learn more. When they are invested in themselves and their education. When they learn how to become kinder, more compassionate children with good hearts. That is what teaching is all about.
- Inspiring others. One of the best things this blog has brought me, is being able to connect with so many incredible women. When someone reaches out and tells me I have inspired them in some way, whether it be fashion, beauty, or something much deeper than that, my heart feels content. That right there, is why I do this. Even if one of you can learn from my experiences, trials, and triumphs, it makes it all worth it.
- Belly laughs with people I care about. If you know me personally, you know how hard I can laugh. I mean, no sound coming out, tears running down my face, and a full on ab workout. Those moments where you don't hold back and let yourself really feel the moment, those are my favorite.
- Acts of kindness from a stranger. You know when you're checking out at the grocery store and the cashier says something nice and starts up a conversation? That's the kind of people I like. So many times, people are in their own world with everything around them tuned out. When a person makes an effort to even smile and say hi, or hold the door, or compliment your shoes, that makes my day. If you ask me, this world needs more of that.
- Change. Yes, there are certain things that I need a routine for. A morning/night routine, and my Sunday routine are things I cannot live without. A daily routine in my classroom is something my students thrive on. However, I don't let life get too boring...I love to try new things with my hair, rearrange my apartment, refresh my wardrobe. When I was 18, I moved to Arizona for college not knowing a single soul. It was a chance for me to get out of my Orange County bubble and explore a new place. Now, 7 years later, I am doing it again. Packing up my life, starting a new job, and living in a new state, not knowing anyone. And boy, am I ready for the change. Making big life decisions like this, fill my heart with joy. Meeting new people, learning a new culture, and establishing myself as I move into the next phase of my life is just what my soul craves.
- Puppy love. Is there anything better than the endless love from a dog?! I think not. Autumn is a total mama's girl and I absolutely love her for it. She really is the most loyal dog I have ever met. My family and I joke that she is part dog and part human because she always wants me to hold her, she cries when I go out of her sight, and likes to be rocked like a baby before bed. There is simply nothing better than coming home to her after a long day at work.
Comment down below something that you L-O-V-E so I can learn something new about you.