Hi everyone! I’m Elizabeth from Our Life Lived Well! Before I get started, I want to thank Claire for having me here today to chat with you all! She has been so generous and kind to me; I’m so grateful to be here!
Happy Spring, everyone! I’m thrilled to see the flowers blooming and squirrels driving my puppy nuts! With all this lovely sunshine comes fresh perspective and reignited energy! It’s time to open the shutters and switch over to a brighter palette in our homes!
If you’re feeling a little lost on where to get started, use these tips and your home will be spring-ready in no time!
Let’s start with some Spring cleaning! We want that fresh feeling from floor to ceiling.
- Declutter! I enjoy a decent amount of stuff to be around during the winter. It makes me feel cozy, but once I feel Spring in the air, I’m ready for the rooms in my home to be full of sunshine instead! Clutter makes the room feel small, open it up by storing away as much as you can!
- Scrub it down! From the baseboards to the light switches, giving your home a dusting and wipe down is a way of showing appreciation for your space and letting it open up to the exciting new season ahead!
Now onto the fun stuff! Let’s make our space bright and airy!
- Choose a color palette! This can be as much or as little work as you’d like. Don’t feel like you must choose a bunch of colors. Even just adding a bright pop of one color will make your home feel fresh and vibrant! Check out some of my favorite color combos for Spring:
3. Embrace the natural light you have. Even open the windows if you’re able! Replace your curtains with flowy sheer drapes. Stick to a light, neutral color if you can help yourself. Let the light and air in and I promise your space will come alive!
5. I have a feeling you knew I was going to say this, but… PLANTS. Plants and flowers are so critical to making your home feel alive and Spring-ready! This is also another opportunity to play with your color palette. I recommend heading to a local market or florist to find some that work with your space. Get to know your florist and work out a deal, or simply ask for their recommendations. If you’re an allergy sufferer like me, we’re so lucky to live in 2018. There are lots of resources for us to score some allergen-free (read: they’re fake) flowers that brighten up our space. I personally use Eco Flower because I love that they look so real! Spoiler alert: most of their collections are actually made from wood! So cool!
Now you have some easy and super affordable(all those links only added up to be about $150!) have some ways to make your space feel alive and ready for our spring season! Let your mood be light and airy, just like your gorgeous new space!
Thank you again to Claire for allowing me to post on Girl Talk and Glamour!
Feel free to reach out to me any time on my page at www.ourlifelivedwell.com!