Hi beauties! Can you believe it's already May?! I move in less than 20 days... AHH!!! If you're anything like me, by this time of year you might be feeling a little overwhelmed or less inspired. You may have forgotten all about your New Year's Resolutions and have tasks piling up all around you. Summer is just around the corner and there's pressure to have that bikini bod, plan epic vacations, and still manage the every day chores. Trust me, I'm over here like give me all the coffee so I can make it through the last three weeks of school!
At the start of the year, everyone is so motivated to "reinvent" themselves and get on track. By mid-year, that enthusiasm seems to wear off; People get busy and caught up in every day life. But, every day is a new day and a chance to start over. So, I have rounded up some of my best tips to help you push the reset button and get back on track to feeling inspired and motivated to be the best you possible.
- Unsubscribe from email lists and clean out your in-box: If you're anything like me, you have tons of emails flooding your inbox from places you haven't shopped at in years on a daily basis. This can make checking your email overwhelming and you could possibly miss something that is actually important. If you click on the email, way down at the bottom, it should say "unsubscribe." Click that little magic button, and wallah... cleaner inbox, cleaner mind.
- Go through your photos and organize them into folders: You can do this in any application, but I like to create a folder on my desktop, and drag all the photos from that event, shoot, or time period into that folder. I then keep that folder in a bigger folder called "Photos." Then, I upload them all to a private album on Facebook so I can access them from any device. It may seem complicated, but is a super easy way to stay organized and have your photos available where ever you are.
- Back-up your computer: Just to be safe ;)
- Go through old bills and throw away or file: It's so easy to just throw things in a folder or drawer whenever you're going through the mail. I know I can't be the only one. At some point that drawer is going to overflow or the folder is going to get so stuffed to the point where you can't even close it. Yep, this was me. If that wasn't a sign I needed to declutter, I don't know what is. I have an expanding file folder and label each section (e.g. pay stubs, electric, car payment, ect.) You really need to keep the three most recent ones for each category; the rest you can shred.
- Switch out your wardrobe: Now that the warmer months are coming, its time to put those sweaters and boots away and break out the dresses and flip flops. If you don't have a big enough closet like me...okay, or you have too many clothes ;), these storage bins are a life saver.
- Set a goal for yourself: Big or small, short term or longterm. It doesn't matter. Just so it get's you up and trying something new. Something to make you feel empowered, creative, and accomplished. Just one rule... it has to be for YOU. Not the kids, not your significant other, YOU. Some examples are work out in some way every day, read a book once a month, start that cooking class you've always wanted to take, start saving for your dream vacation, drink your coffee in silence 3 days a week.
I hope these tips help you feel inspired and motivated to make it through the hot summer months. You are beautiful, worthy, and so very special to me. Let me know if you have any tips down below...I'd love to hear from you! :)